Crowdfunding platform for Moment-Rec. Europe?

My current project (www.moment-rec.com) is getting close to a stage where I will need external funding to continue.

I think doing a crowdfunding would be ideal for me, because the people who would normally buy such a product will be the people funding. That means crowdfunding would be a market verification at the same time.

I’m considering the following platforms at the moment:

• Kickstarter
    Probably the biggest platform besides indiegogo. Probably also raises the highest funding per project. Has a history of viral projects. But also a history of epic fails. There’s also a real danger to drown in the noise…
  • Crowdsupply
    Much smaller, but focused on hardware projects. Raises much less money. Maybe not enough for Moment-Rec. Positive: different plans. If you give them 15% (instead of 5%) then they help you with marketing.

We carefully curate all the projects that launch on Crowd Supply. The majority of project submissions don’t make our cut.

I’m also looking for a european crowdfunding site. Do you have any idea/experience?

I did some more research and I’ll just keep updating this post.

Reward based

• Kickstarter
    Probably the biggest platform besides indiegogo. Probably also raises the highest funding per project. Has a history of viral projects. But also a history of epic fails. There’s also a real danger to drown in the noise…
  • Indiegogo
    Has quite a bad reputation in engineering communities. Apparently many scam projects are launched.
  • Crowdsupply
    Much smaller, but focused on hardware projects. Raises much less money. Maybe not enough for Moment-Rec. Positive: different plans. If you give them 15% (instead of 5%) then they help you with marketing.
  • Campfire
    Probably most popular crowdfunding site in Japan. Also has a technology sector.

Equity based

• Crowdcube
    Biggest european crowdfunding site. Purely equity based.
  • Seedrs
    Second biggest european crowdfunding site. Also purely equity.

Conclusion

I want to focus on reward based funding sites. Because crowdfunding is also a market verification for me. So, it helps to fund directly from customers instead of pure investors.

Kickstarter seems to be one of the few platforms that accept any kind of project. All other platforms require you to go through a approval process where they make sure that you’ll also have a successful campaign. They probably try to protect their brand, due the fails that happened on kickstart and indiegogo